FORS Accreditation Consultancy
Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Accreditation Consultancy
Our consultant, Mark Gaines is a qualified FORS practitioner and can provide help and advice regarding your FORS auditing process;
• Carrying out pre-audit consultations and checks, where all the mandatory requirements will be checked and amended if necessary
• Helping you to create and implement necessary systems of work to pass the audit with confidence
• Providing you with a consultant to act on your behalf or alongside you during the audit
• Maintenance of your FORS accreditation with option of quarterly visits to your office to review and update your FORS compliance documents, policies and procedures
• Assistance with progression to Silver and Gold accreditations
You have decided to obtain Bronze Accreditation and want a second opinion or simply need some assurance? We will provide you with an experienced consultant who will offer guidance to help you understand which areas need improving or need to be addressed as a priority.
FORS Audit Attendance
We recognise that you may not be able to dedicate the necessary time to be present during the audit on the day – an audit will typically take 4 to 6 hours and will require interaction with the auditor throughout.
Maintaining and Managing FORS accreditation
FORS is continuously evolving and annual audits must be undertaken to maintain your Bronze accreditation. To ensure that you are kept up to date and fully compliant during the year and to prepare you for your renewal audit, we provide an option of quarterly visits to your office to review and update your FORS compliance documents, policies and procedures.
Progression to Silver / Gold accreditation
Do you want to move your company on to the next level?
We are able to provide you with advice and guidance on how to prepare for the submission of evidence and key performance indicators in order to achieve Silver / Gold accreditation.
This process involves time at your office in order to review your evidence and determine its suitability, with guidance about how to sustain and manage FORS accreditation on an ongoing basis.
Please get in touch to discuss how we can help you through the process.
Follow this link to the FORS website for further information on the scheme – www.fors.co.uk
OLAT (Operator Licensing Awareness Training)
Operator Licensing Awareness
Certified to meet the requirement of the Traffic Commissioner.
This course is delivered as a one day course aimed at Company Directors, Partners and Proprietors and provides an overview of Operator Licence requirements to re-affirm the undertakings given to the Traffic Commissioner when applying for an ‘O’ Licence.
The course may also be required to be undertaken following an instruction from a Traffic Commissioner. This is common when an Operator holding either a Standard or Restricted Operator License and has appeared at a Public Inquiry. The Institute course complies fully with the expectations of the Traffic Commissioners.
The Operator Licence Awareness Training (OLAT) course is designed to give the operator the ability to prevent future non-compliance, covering:
• Operator Licensing – Application; Conditions; Notifiable Changes; Legal Responsibilities
• Safe Loading of Vehicles – including Load Restraint, calculation of payload and safe load distribution
• Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles
• Drivers Hours – EU drivers hours and the Road Transport Working Time Directive; Drivers Hours Records for Analogue and Digital Tachographs; Working Time Directive for non-driving personnel; Planning Safe Overnight Parking
• Driver Licensing
• Speed Limits
• Planned Preventive Maintenance – including Drivers’ Defect Reporting; Enforcement
• Operational Security
• Operator Compliance Risk Scores (OCRS)